FAQs About Travel Nursing and Allied Health Assignment Placement

Have questions about our travel nursing and therapy recruiting services? Check out our FAQs below. Still have questions? Please contact us!

Q: What is required to become a traveling nurse, PT, OT, or SLP with CoreMedical Group?
A: One year’s recent experience in your specialty (although minimum requirements may vary slightly depending on your professional discipline), professional references and a valid professional license. (TOP)
Q: Do I have to sign a long-term contract?
A: No. Travelers are only required to sign a contract on an assignment-by-assignment basis. (TOP)
Q: What is the typical length of a travel nursing or therapy assignment?
A: The majority of travel assignments are 13 weeks. A few shorter assignments are sometimes available and it is possible to extend an assignment beyond its original length (i.e. 26 weeks), which many travelers do. (TOP)
Q: Can I bring my family on my travel nursing or therapy assignments?
A: Sure can! Traveling as a healthcare professional is a fantastic way to explore the country as a family. (TOP)
Q: How soon can I start my new travel nursing or therapy assignment?
A: On average, most people start their assignment within 2-4 weeks from the time they accept an offer. (TOP)
Q: What happens when my travel nursing or therapy assignment is finished?
A: Many travelers are offered the option to extend another 13 weeks or you can choose to re-contract to another location. Your recruiter will discuss options with you 4-6 weeks prior to your end date. (TOP)
Q: Is there anyone available at CoreMedical Group if I have a problem after hours?
A: Yes, we have after hours assistance. Please dial our main line 800-995-2673, Press 2, and wait for assistance from our answering service. Please give the operator your name, a number where you can be reached and be sure to specify your reason for calling, so they can contact the appropriate CoreMedical Group personnel. (TOP)
Q: Do you offer referral bonuses to traveling nurses and therapists?
A: Yes. Learn more about our referral program. (TOP)
Q: Do you place travel nurses, PTs, OTs, or SLPs overseas?
A: No, however, we do have nursing assignments outside of the continental U.S., such as Alaska, Hawaii, the Virgin Islands, Guam and the American Samoas. (TOP)
Q: Do you offer benefits to traveling nurses, PTs, OTs, and SLPs?
A: Yes. CoreMedical Group is proud to offer our travelers some of the best benefits in the industry. Learn more about our traveler benefits. (TOP)
Q: How often do I get paid as a contracting nurse, PT, OT, or SLP?
A: We pay weekly for the prior work week. (TOP)
Q: Do you offer direct deposit to travelers?
A: Yes. We also offer a Global Cash Card (GCC), which allows us to instantly load funds that you can access via any ATM. (TOP)
Q: Do you offer Tax-Free Per Diem for travel nurses and therapists?
A: Yes, if you are eligible based on the Federal Government’s guidelines, a portion of your pay may be tax-free. (TOP)
Q: What type of housing is offered for nurses and therapists who travel with CoreMedical Group?
A: Generally we are able to provide you with a one bedroom or studio apartment. We will make every effort to provide you with a safe, clean, quality apartment close to your facility; however, our options may be limited due to location, time of year, availability, pets, etc. Learn more about our housing options. (TOP)
Q: Do I need to bring housewares with me?
A: Generally, our traveling nurses will bring their own housewares (ie: dishes, pans, towels, sheets, vacuum, etc.). Sometimes these amenities may be available; however, this depends on the housing we are able to secure. For more details, please speak with your recruiter. (TOP)
Q: Can I travel with a pet?
A: Yes, you can choose to bring a pet with you; however, many complexes have breed and size restrictions which may affect your housing options. Learn more about our pet policy. (TOP)
Q: What if I have special housing requirements for my assignment?
A: We will do our best to find an apartment that meets your requirements. CoreMedical Group will pay for a standard one bedroom or studio apartment. If you require anything more than our standard housing options, a co-pay may be assessed. Learn more about our housing options. (TOP)
Q: Do I need to be licensed in each state I work as a traveling nurse and therapist? How can I find out about the license requirements?
A: Yes, you need to be licensed in each state before you can practice. Some states offer temporary practice permits that take only a few days to obtain, while other states can have a lengthy process. That’s why we offer you a dedicated Licensing Coordinator to help you with all the details.

Once you accept an assignment your licensing coordinator will provide you with step by step instructions of everything you need to submit, as well as any application and fingerprint materials required. We will even provide you with expedited mailing envelopes to the board at no cost to you! (TOP)

Q: How long does it take to get licensed as a traveling nurse or allied health provider?
A: This will depend on several factors, including the number of licenses you currently hold and the state licensure board’s requirements. (TOP)
Q: Do you offer reimbursement/payment for medical services that are required for my travel nursing or therapy assignment?
A: Yes. CoreMedical Group will arrange and pay for any medical services, such as physicals, TB tests, vaccinations, or titers that are required for your assignment.(TOP)

Join the CMG community and let us help you manage your travel nursing, travel allied, Locum Tenens, and permanent placement opportunities. Sign up and be the first to find the latest and greatest healthcare positions across the country.

Search Healthcare Jobs

Have a specific location in mind? We have travel nursing, travel allied, Locum Tenens, and permanent healthcare career opportunities in all 50 states. Search our healthcare job database to find the position you are looking for.